It seems to me there are a number of critics reviewing family films that have no business doing so. Often times, the reviews are littered with snarky, rude comments about the movie being "boring", the script being "unexceptional" and the cast "one-dimensional". Generally, the critics reviewing movies are so used to critiquing a broad spectrum of movies that it often strips them of stepping back and looking at a movie through a child's (or more importantly...a parent's) eyes.
I have two small children and constantly am scouring the web for reviews of movies before I let my children watch them. Although some Christian websites have been helpful, it appears reviewers have become desensitized to children's movies with an imaginative, yet simple plot with little to no objectionable material.
I would like to offer my fellow parents my free service. I will write movie reviews of films I have watched with my children and husband. I will give honest feedback of what my thoughts and feelings and if I would recommend the movie to my friends (you).
Please have patience with me as I work full time and go to school full time so whatever I post up will be in my spare time.
Thanks & God bless!
-Lacey
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Over 3 years later, you haven't produce a movie review. Many inspired people create blogs, and then abandon them.
ReplyDeleteCan we expect to see a movie review from you in 2013? Movie review websites write snarky reviews because they have the freedom to do so. There are no competing websites to counteract their overly critical movie reviews.
Your "Why I created this site" talks of your desires. Hopefully you can write movie reviews for parents. They are waiting for you. Thanks. Good luck!